Please Insert the correct CD - error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Insert the correct CD - error

I had Age of Empires II: Conquerors expansion mounted on a virtual drive with Daemon Tools. It worked fine until I uninstalled Norton and replaced it with Zone Alarm. Now when I try to run the game I get this same error. I get the error wether I try the original CD or the mounted image. I uninstalled Age of Empires II and the expansion and D-Tools. Reinstilled the game and I get the same error on the expansion of the game only. I can play the original and all other cd's/software work fine in that optical drive.

XP Pro is fully updated as is Zone Alarm and inside ZA all permissions were reset for both after uninstalls.

Your help is appreciated

-Damage

I have the same problem

I installed Diablo 2 and upgraded it to Diablo 2 Expansion. But when I am trying to start the game by mounting the image it is displaying

"Please make sure you DiabloII Expansion disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on Retry"

I checked the daemon tools and the image of the CD is already mounted

Comment

I don't know about your situation, Damage, but for skanda try using your RoC disk image instead of your TFT disk image to play the expansion.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
        but for skanda try using your RoC disk image instead of your TFT disk image to play the expansion.
        i think what jito was trying to say is, use your diablo 2 cd instead of the expansion cd.

RoC and TfT are Warcraft III

Comment

Bah, you're right. It's way too early in the morning to be thinking about this stuff. It's almost 7am, and I've been up for 2 hours now. I should go back to sleep.

Comment

Anyone else have any ideas how to fix my problem? Everything about the optical drive works except for the one expansion CD. Again, D-Tools is not installed anymore and I still get the "Insert the correct CD" error. The CD works fine and is an original.

An Admin must have moved my post here? So should I repost in a different forum? The Age Of Empires CD's are not copy protected as far as I can tell.

Comment

If you are having trouble with diablo 2 asking for the cd even though you have a good copy mounted, check my post (link below) for further information.

If my solution solves your problem, please post in my thread with your operating system and any other information you think is relavent, such as daemon tools version. I dont know how many other people are having this problem, but ive seen it happen on 2 different computers. XP and also a Vista laptop. I havnt had a chance to play with the vista one to see if its fixable however i have a workaround for my problem in XP.

Comment

Originally Posted by Damage View Post
                I had Age of Empires II: Conquerors expansion mounted on a virtual drive with Daemon Tools. It worked fine until I uninstalled Norton and replaced it with Zone Alarm. Now when I try to run the game I get this same error. I get the error wether I try the original CD or the mounted image. I uninstalled Age of Empires II and the expansion and D-Tools. Reinstilled the game and I get the same error on the expansion of the game only. I can play the original and all other cd's/software work fine in that optical drive.
                XP Pro is fully updated as is Zone Alarm and inside ZA all permissions were reset for both after uninstalls.
                Your help is appreciated
                -Damage

Odd, I have the same problem with Armed Assault, and I also use ZA, I think that it must be the problem. I'll uninstall ZA and see what happens.

Comment

Originally Posted by L1ama View Post
                  Odd, I have the same problem with Armed Assault, and I also use ZA, I think that it must be the problem. I'll uninstall ZA and see what happens.

Any luck? All I really need to find out is what and where Daemon tools adds or changes info. Im guessing registry? Since the program is uninstalled where else would it write info to? If I can find out the correct info from the Daemon Tools people I may be able to use regedit to delete certain entries.

Comment

Hmm, uninstalled it and no luck, does anyone know if ZA keeps reg entries after it's uninstalled?

Comment

Working...
                    X