No announcement yet.

Race07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey the board didn't send me a notification about a new post.. and yes all my details are up to date....

anyway, how do you know how much vd extracted ? used a tool or method ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
      Actually there is no need for DPM from the second layer. I mainly use Blindwrite's BWA Builder to get DPM from SecuROM protected discs. I just let it extract the first 150.000 sectors and then I quit the process and save the BWA file.
      [...]
      I think it would be nice to have an option in DT Pro to set the amount of sectors needed for DPM extraction. Gonna put this in the suggestions forum too
      I saw such options for Alcohol's AxType.ini:

-------------------
      DPM
      DPM Precision
      DPM Start Address
      DPM Scanning Length
      DPM Step

-------------------

This options are ignored by latest Alco52%.
      Maybe it's for older version of Alcohol or for full version Alco120% only...
      Test it!

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
        how do you know how much vd extracted ? used a tool or method ?
        VD shows "Build sectors" also when analyzing the disc - ending at sector 250000 (≙488MB)

AFAIR you have a capable tracing tool if you like to verify.
        Last edited by Terramex; 26.01.2008, 13:02.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

terramex, you tried with race07 or another game ???

and then the example becomes an issue of at least virtual drive can extract something... dt pto 220 couldn't do it, it failed to create the image.

do you have race07 ???

Comment

terramex, you tried with race07 or another game ???
            Race 07 of course.

and then the example becomes an issue of at least virtual drive can extract something... dt pto 220 couldn't do it, it failed to create the image.
            I agree something has to change for those few "strange" discs. A "short DPM" option, or saving the DPM info done so far.

do you have race07 ???
            Not anymore, i had borrowed it from a friend to examine the "issue".

P.S.: No comment on VCD failing, too when analyzing the whole physical disc ?
            Last edited by Terramex; 14.03.2008, 11:12.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
              P.S.: No comment on VCD failing, too when analyzing the whole physical disc ?
              terramex, can you show me the dpm that vd extracts, visually? that is what i mean.... the 488mb it makes for it's disc analysis has always been done in that way, that is for whatever game that part is much smaller then the game image itself which is the actual data - so it depends on the protection used and the total disc sectors used.

1.) maybe if i had gotten a board notification back on the 3rd i would have replied sooner.

2.) when will dt pro be able to extract a proper image of race 07 ?? (in fact for the time being even just extract a partial image)

Comment

@ß
                My trial period expired long ago, but i can't visualize the VD descriptor file anyway.
                I know of someone who might be able to - if you send me your file (don't know whether there really is a temporary file of 488MB; IIRC the resulting analysis info is only some KB similar to other apps).

Basically it can't look much different compared to data position/topology/geometry files of Daemon Pro, Blindwrite & Co
                - only shorter or longer.
                It's in the nature of things that all programs measure the same characteristics with more or less precision and range.
                Maybe a dev has a suitable explanation for laymen like us whether the problem (also for VD when doing full analysis) is caused by the mentioned disproportionateness of the sectors/layer.

Comment

I would like to know when this problem is going to be fixed ? I can not make an image using Daemon Tools. What is so special about the RACE 07 disc ??

Comment

It's probably already fixed, ensure you are running latest DT Pro. Also you could tell us which drive you are using.
                    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                      It's probably already fixed, ensure you are running latest DT Pro. Also you could tell us which drive you are using.
                      Are you speculating ? How can you say this unless you made an image yourself or someone else and posted in here. Who has made an image at all of RACE 07 using DT PRO?? Also I have tried several drives. Samsung Asus Pioneer Plextor Sony

Comment

It isn't, yet.
                        Until then you can use the attached file (Link in Post #2 isn't valid anymore)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X