No announcement yet.

StarWars Empire at war ..save me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using SecuROM Loader 1.0 with Daemon Tools 4.0.3 for Empire At War.

It works without any problems.

I did not even have to Disabled/Un-plug my IDE Drives at all.

All I did was to mount my full CD-1 image with DT, and while it's mounted, simply run SecuROM Loader ... then it loads for a few seconds, and the game starts.

What I did for the image was to take my original CD-1, and I simply made an .ISO out of it with a program called UltraISO.

I don't need any of those Anti-Blax or SrStop things ... just a combination of SureROM Loader and DT, and that's it.

Comment

Hey, I hope that someone can help me.

I got the game to work by doing this:

1. INstall game/patch
      2. create curerom profile, without dt4
      3. Make sure cd 1 is not mounted
      4. run curerom shortcut
      5. When "no/wrong cd or dvd insterted" text box appears, mount cd1 image, and hit "retry"
      6. game works.

This worked for me ONE TIME. I was having a hell of a time, and unfortuantely I had to go live my life and turn off the game. Now, when I try to restart the game using the same technique, the damn "cannot authenticate cd" prompt appears.

I have tried every technique mentioned here, any ideas what I can do, or why it worked and now doesn't?

Thanks guys!

Comment

I was using Damon 4.03(x64) and Curerom 2 in xp x64, and the game worked fine for a day, then just stopped working... saying it detected an eulator and or it couldnt verify the disk. Anyone else have this happen?

Comment

I had use CureROM after the update, with DT4, then SR7 Stop to hide, but I have nothing. Two faults always appear if one doesn't-

Detects Emulator
          Security Module Can't Activate (or to that accord)

I can't use the burners, mine is currently disabled, can anyone assisst?

Comment

mine worked fine for about 24 hours, then just stopped... it gives me wither the virtual drive detected or the disk not found. I'm using DT 4 x64 and Curerom. Xp x64 obviously.

Comment

I haven't read this entire thread but this is how I got the game to work if anyone needs some help (it's quite simple):

Mount image in Daemon 4.03

Install.

Run AntiSecuRom v7 and select sweaw.exe in the gamedata directory...

The game will start automatically.

Enjoy.

Comment

Star Wars working very easy

Nothing worked except for this....

made this change...
                Anyway to fix the module error:
                Regedit
                Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
                Right click MountedDevices
                Left click Permissions
                Left click Advanced
                Now look an see if there is a Deny permission type. I was too scared to just delete it so I just edited it to Full Control which is what the Admin is supposed to have anyway.
                DT is NOT running and then ran SecureROM(it's also called antiSecureROM) and picked the sweaw.exe in the \GameData folder and it worked!!!!!

hopefully it will work for other people

Comment

Maybe some people here should better buy the game...

Comment

yeah this would be the best solution for them

Comment

Originally Posted by TinMan
                      Nothing worked except for this....

made this change...
                      Anyway to fix the module error:
                      Regedit
                      Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
                      Right click MountedDevices
                      Left click Permissions
                      Left click Advanced
                      Now look an see if there is a Deny permission type. I was too scared to just delete it so I just edited it to Full Control which is what the Admin is supposed to have anyway.
                      DT is NOT running and then ran SecureROM(it's also called antiSecureROM) and picked the sweaw.exe in the \GameData folder and it worked!!!!!

hopefully it will work for other people

Thanks Pal! This worked for me too! I tried everithing and everithing but I didn't think that the solution is so simple. THX again!

Comment

Ha ha... yeah right.

Comment

Hey all!
                          Read posts here for a long time, but now finally I have a meaningfull post, I think...

I have also been trying to get this game started, and I have tried pretty much all of the tips and solutions provided in this thread and I would always get the: Security module needed bla bla bla...

However after 2 days of trying I found, by an accident, that I had Anti-Bla(xx) runnin in the background, without remembering so, probably had it on autostart... So after I actually shut down that program and then tried again with the CureRom Profile the game started and life was greet again!!!

So I hope this might help at least someone else tryin and trying again to get the game started!

God luck to u all!

Comment

Well, I have purchased the game and I have made an image of the DVD (I think it's just a better idea, your disks stay clean and you never have to unload and load drives.) Anyways, does anyone else get the game to work once and then the next time you try to play, you get the disk authentication failure error message? This is what I'm experiencing. I got the game to open yesterday and I just didn't close it until late last night, since I was scared it wouldn't open again. I can't get it to open again due to that auth error.

Comment

Im still looking into it. I have two pc's, both running windows xp professional service pack 1.

The first machine would not work, no matter what I tryed, The second PC worked the very first time I tried the DT4 Curerom method,
                              there could be some hardware issue's.

Comment

The same thing is happening to me... most of the times I tried to play the game twice, I get the Couldn't find disc and etc message. The first thing I did was reinstalling, and everything worked until I tried to play again... I don't know why is that.

But today I could play twice trying three times to execute the game. I'm still trying to play the third.

Comment

Working...
                                X