No announcement yet.

StarWars Empire at war ..save me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try the original cd to play it will surely work without problems just disable the virtual drives

Comment

help me..

Hi guys thx for all your advices, finally after hours of trying I got the game running But when I thought I could play in peace, this problem appears out of nowhere...

I can hear the sounds (impearial march), but my screen is just black and I can only see wome weird lines hanging around..

someone please help me...

Comment

what should i say, bad luck

better go to the empire at war support forum and ask there for support on problems with graphics
        Last edited by burnsy_xyz; 24.02.2006, 15:06.

Comment

have u installed the latest graphics driver?!
          My sysProfile!

Comment

Skwal, all you did was give the same old information (use daemon tools with cureRom blah blah...) except you added a broken link to a mini image that doesn't seem to exist. In addition, you say to suspend autoplay in cureRom, but that option isn't available when you select 'I do not want to use emulation software'.

So I think any of us who have been plugging at this problem for quite some time have found that the game WILL run with various combinations of alcohol 120% or damon tools with antiSecuRom or cureRom, but ONLY A FEW TIMES! Mine worked three times with DaemonTools: once with antiSecurom and twice with cureRom. I've also tried several different cureRom profile option combinations, but to no avail. I'm still getting the "original disk cannot be authenticated" error. The securom seems to recognize what you're doing after a couple times and lock you out of the game again...

In any case my point is that if you manage to get the game working once MAKE SURE THAT IT WORKS SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE YOU POST THAT YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION!!! Sorry I don't want to sound like a jerk, but we've got over 300 posts on 10 different threads and nobody seems to have found a solution that works. So...

Does anybody know if there's a ******* ***** being worked on right now, or if any of the emulator hiders (cureRom etc.) are being updated any time soon? What else can we do to get around SecuRom which seems to be "finding" our solutions? What about the .bat file someone recommended with the '/y e:\directx c:\directx\*.*' command like somebody recommended (didn't work for me)? Does anyone know more about how that works?
            (BTW I use an .mds made from the DVD, with Secondary IDE controllers disabled and have tried with emulators both on and off for DT)

Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Darnell
              Does anybody know if there's a ******* ***** being worked on right now,
              I don't think you'll get any answer to this... ***** **** ** not allowed here.

If AntiSecuRom-Loader does not work with starting the "sweaw.exe" in the GameData Folder, it seems you have another bad problem.
              As everyone says, the message with the original disc that cannot be autheticated, sounds like a bad DPM - file.

Comment

Originally Posted by DomiOh
                As everyone says, the message with the original disc that cannot be autheticated, sounds like a bad DPM - file.
                That is exactly the problem. I know because the first image I created always gave me the same error (I wanted an image fast, so I set DPM at normal precision and max speed).
                About one out of ten tries the game would start with this image. The other nine times I got the above error.

So I made a new image with DPM set at high precision and at 8X, and now the game runs every time (using the SecuROM loader).

Comment

Originally Posted by Goenk
                  Hi Skwal, what kind of instructions are you talking about?
                  I mean, burn with 4x, at dao pw, removing checkmark at autoplay

Comment

Originally Posted by Darnell
                    Skwal, all you did was give the same old information (use daemon tools with cureRom blah blah...) except you added a broken link to a mini image that doesn't seem to exist. In addition, you say to suspend autoplay in cureRom, but that option isn't available when you select 'I do not want to use emulation software'.

So I think any of us who have been plugging at this problem for quite some time have found that the game WILL run with various combinations of alcohol 120% or damon tools with antiSecuRom or cureRom, but ONLY A FEW TIMES! Mine worked three times with DaemonTools: once with antiSecurom and twice with cureRom. I've also tried several different cureRom profile option combinations, but to no avail. I'm still getting the "original disk cannot be authenticated" error. The securom seems to recognize what you're doing after a couple times and lock you out of the game again...

In any case my point is that if you manage to get the game working once MAKE SURE THAT IT WORKS SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE YOU POST THAT YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION!!! Sorry I don't want to sound like a jerk, but we've got over 300 posts on 10 different threads and nobody seems to have found a solution that works. So...

Does anybody know if there's a ******* ***** being worked on right now, or if any of the emulator hiders (cureRom etc.) are being updated any time soon? What else can we do to get around SecuRom which seems to be "finding" our solutions? What about the .bat file someone recommended with the '/y e:\directx c:\directx\*.*' command like somebody recommended (didn't work for me)? Does anyone know more about how that works?
                    (BTW I use an .mds made from the DVD, with Secondary IDE controllers disabled and have tried with emulators both on and off for DT)

Thanks

ActuALLY MAN, ITS not broken, you just had to click PLEASE CLICK HERE, and just waiting w/e 1 min orsomehting like that

Comment

• and where did you get this information from?

Comment

• Make an Alcohol image with Securom New* (v4, 5) settings, then use CureRom
                        Any other Alcohol settings will produce useless images (found out the hard way >_<)

Comment

• Easy to follow..

I've read a few post on here and although what most users are saying it's not been presented in the most articulated fashion, so i thought after having to spend an hour or so tearing my hair out and messing around with various programs i'd write a clear and concise way of resolving the issue of Empire at War.

First of all you'll want to get your hands on 2 programs, Demon Tools 4 x86(32bit systems) or x64 (for 64bit systems) If you are unsure of your architecture, it's more than likely a x86 system. from: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5

you'll then want to get: CureROM, unfortunately i do not know a link for this but i'm sure a few minutes searching through google should uncover its whereabouts ( i personally download from Usenet, so much quicker and easier)

Once downloaded, install both programs and mount your particular image onto Deamon Tools 4 and install to your chosen directory, when ths install is complete do not try to launch the game, a few more things have to be done beforehand.

Open up CureROM, and click on the "Options" button at the bottom left of the welcome screen and click "CureROM Options" Once in here at the bottom of all the options is one which says "Third partyVirtual CD/DVD ROM" Click this. Once in there on the first drop down menu select "Demon Tools (version 4.xx or Newer) and then below that there is a option to browse to the path of the Demon Tool executable, for example: C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe, browse to your installation and click ok. After that, uncheck the option at the very bottom which says "Do NOT display Demon Tools in my virtual CD/DVD-ROM list. Once this is done click apply, and then go back to the main welcome screen.

Once back to the main welcome screen, Select "Create a New CureROM Profile" Then click next. Under the Application heading you want to browse to your installation of Empire at War, for example: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\sweaw.exe. Be sure to choose sweaw.exe and not LaunchEAW.exe. Leave CureROM anti-blacklist measures enabled checked and click Next.

On the next page, the first drop down menu you will want to change to "Use Demon Tools to mount my backup images" Then on the second input field browse to your image, for example: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\New Folder\EaW.img

The next few options are: Use virtual "drive 1" to mount back up images and Wait "20 Seconds" For backup images to load, before running the application. Then make sure that "Suspend CD/DVD-ROM Autorun while mounting backup image" is checked and click Next.

The shortcut name can be whatever you want, i just left it up to CureROM to decide, aswell as the shortcut icon, again i let CureROM decide. Then you can shoose were and how you would like the shortcuts implemented, this is at your own discretion. Click Next once you're happy with that, and then on the next page click "Save"

Once saved, you should see the shortcut appear to were ever you had chosen, click Finish and CureROM should close.

Once all is done You should be able to double click the shortcut which was created and you should then see a popup relating to Demon Tools, click "Yes" and the image should mount and the game should start.

If you receive errors relating to media cannot be found, error when checking disk format / authentication. This means that the image file you are trying to use is corrupt or "bad" so i suggest obtaining another from elsewhere, other than that everything should run well and work like clockwork.

hope this helps, goodluck!

Comment

• I'll just add a note

It's not you architecture that is important when you want to use DT, this depends of your OS...

To sum up :
                            • You have a 32bits processor, so you HAVE a 32 bit OS => DT x86
                            • You have a 64bits processor, there you have two possibilities :
                              • you use a 32bits OS => DT x86
                              • you use a 64bits OS => DT x64

By the way, if you dunno what system you're using or you run your comp under Windows 2000, you surely need DT x86.

Another thing, for the moment CureROM 1.3.1 antiblacklist mesures made my x64 OS crash... had to reinstall the system.
                            I dunno if every x64 users had this kind of problems...
                            Carpe diem

Comment

• I have Windows XP Pro X64 and nothing worked for me , i tried all the methods , my question is has somebody with with WinXP X64 managed to get these games working ? ( btw i tried the same methods on another comp with regular WinXP and it worked so i know i'm doing it right)

Comment

• No need to double post

Yes, I managed to run the game under win XP x64, with antisecurom (aka securom loader)
                                Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                                X