Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to install Sims 2: OFB without having the original CDs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to install Sims 2: OFB without having the original CDs.

hello. m having trouble installing the OFB exp pack.

i already installed sims 2 by doing the following:

installing the game using the four cds
    mounting an image on Alcohol 120%
    playing for hours. (just to make sure it works)

anyway, now i can't install the expansion pack. i thought i'd go by the usual route and install the game first before mounting an MDS on alcohol, but i can't complete it because once it gets to 100%, it says that it has to make sure my sims 2 game is updated so it asks me to insert disc 4. once i do, though, the installation uninstalls and it says that it's unable to copy from the cd.

i tried another route: mounting an image first on alcohol, then installing the game. again, same problem.

can anyone help me with this? please? i don't get how i can play the game after only mounting an image on alcohol because, er, i don't see the OFB icon on my desktop.

or is it really okay to just mount the image without manually installing the game? if so, how does one do that?

thank you very much!

@chowdragon
    Work is with the original CD's?

Comment

no, not the original CDs. i don't have the, er, resources.

now it only gets worse: i let it be and decided to play sims 2 instead, without OFB. now it doesn't work as well. i tried everything: uninstalling, deleting folders, and installing but without success. i browsed through the games database and it seems that only disc 1 is protected (that's why it says i inserted the wrong cd, right?). when i first installed it eons ago i didn't encounter the same problem. what's wrong now? and why is disc 1 being so hoity-toity when the game's not even an original, store-bought version!

thanks, dogma. i've been researching on this and it seems i've a lot to learn.

Comment

Working...
      X