Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.30.1 Freezes During Installs (possible RAID issue)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FesterSilently
    replied
    Sorry!

Sorry for the double post/double thread - I dunno what happened, but please feel free to delete this thread!

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• 4.30.1 Freezes During Installs (possible RAID issue)

...and I think that this "problem" must have been introduced along with the BlindWrite fix in the latest build (4.30.1), as I'd been using it (4.30.0) with no problem for the past week or so.

I own two computers of similar configuration (see below), and had just finished a clean (Windows) install on the 2nd rig Friday when I noticed it was freezing up during installing some of my games off of images I've got. Images, mind you, that I've never had problems with before now.

For what it's worth, I've detected no pattern/similarities as to when/why the computers are freezing while installing from these mounted images, but the culprits (that I can remember) are: an .iso of Battle for Middle Earth 2; a .bin/.cue image of Dungeon Siege 2.

I *did*, however, successfully (without freezing) install from the following: an .mds/.mdf of Tiberium Wars; an .iso of Rainbow Vegas 2.

This freezing of my computer(s) has only started since I've updated to 4.30.1, and as I've been using Daemon Tools for YEARS now, across a number of upgrades and different rigs, I was damned surprised, as I've never experienced this kind of lockup before now.

Computers:

(everything is identical, except where noted)

AMD Opteron 185/Zalman 9500 heatsink
    ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe/1405 BIOS (primary rig)
    DFI LANParty Expert/0406 BIOS (secondary rig)
    2 x 1GB GSkill PC3200@2-3-2-5
    2 x EVGA 8800GTX
    2 x WD74GB Raptor HDD
    2 x 300GB MAXLine 3 HDD
    Creative Fatality X-Fi
    Lite-On DH20A4P
    Samsung SH-S202N
    PCP&C 1Kw

Clean install(s) of Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1; latest, official drivers; everything running at stock voltage/speed.

I also tried installing the two culprit games on a friend's (completely different) computer via 4.30.1, with the same results: hard lock, leading to hard restart.

Help!

Fester

P.S.

Friend's Rig:
    Intel E8400/Thermaltake somethingorother
    Abit IX38/latest BIOS
    2 x 2GB GSkill PC1066@ 5-5-5-15
    1 x EVGA 9800 GX2
    Enermax 800w

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit, etc.
Working...
X