Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by sajib007 View Post
    please help me
    I'm having the same problem. When I go to permissions for CREATOR OWNER, I try to check the boxes for Full Control and then hit apply. As soon as I hit apply, the checks disappear. Any advice?

Comment

• more help

i am having the same problem, i disabled the debugger and still im getting the same message,plz help ty,

Comment

• @Oasisfan
        Please post screenshots of what you are trying to do.

@cralwe
        Have a look at DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Security software solutions
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

• Originally Posted by Sway View Post
          Uninstall DT. Open Register Editor (Start -> Run... -> regedit), navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD

and change Start value to 4.

Now reboot, navigate to this key again and change permissions on this key - right click on the key -> Permissions and set Full Access to Everyone .

Delete this key, reboor your PC and install Daemon Tools again.

Note: It is strongly recommended to disable all security software during installation SPTD/DT.
          This solved this issue for me as well. I experienced the issue after downgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Professional (not a typo, made possible via registry hack).

Comment

• Same problem. Never happened before. Was running a clean install of the tools and get the Kernel debugger error. Tried editing the boot.ini and got the bsod. Had to reboot to last good config and uninstall the tools. I am running unHackMe and their partizan rootkit boot analyzer. Would RATHER not disable my antivirus to run cd emulation software. Hope someone finds a solution cuz I love your stuff.

Comment

• how do i find this file, i tryed to find it and couldnt, and also i have windows 7

i use avest, didnt see it on there
              Last edited by Blazkowicz; 07.01.2010, 07:41.

Comment

• Which file you are talking about?
                Peace Through Power

Comment

• ok, i got the the sptd thing and changed it to 4, then i tryed to change it to everyone, and there is no setting to allow everyone acess to it, i i just clicked on every opion and clicked full acess, tryed to reinstall DT and same thing

do u delete the SPTD key ?
                  Last edited by Blazkowicz; 07.01.2010, 15:35.

Comment

• Yes, you have to delete it as mentioned in our guide.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

• PERFECT!

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                      Uninstall DT. Open Register Editor (Start -> Run... -> regedit), navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD

and change Start value to 4.

Now reboot, navigate to this key again and change permissions on this key - right click on the key -> Permissions and set Full Access to Everyone .

Delete this key, reboor your PC and install Daemon Tools again.

Note: It is strongly recommended to disable all security software during installation SPTD/DT.
                      thank you so much!

Comment

• So, I'm having the problem with the STDP too.
                        My problem is that whenever I install STDP it never seems to notice that it's already installed no matter what I do.
                        I've done everything in the Guide, but when I run the STDP exe, it still acts like it was never installed.

I have XP is if it helpful.

Comment

• Which Service Pack?
                          Which SPTD?
                          You followed the complete guide at our help site?
                          Which security software?
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

• ?

ok when i into permissions there was no everyone so i just clicked on each thing for each person/ user things then click ok it would reset, then when i went t delete it is wouldnt delete the file

Comment

• User group "Everyone" must be in OS native language.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

• I'm running Windows 7 and I'm getting the "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

I disabled the Kernal debugger through CMD and it still didn't work. I'm trying to run DTLite so I can use it with Oblivion.

Comment

Working...
                                X