No announcement yet.

The Big Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAEMON Tools 3.0.2 worked for me, so you might want to try it out.
    CureROM Support Team

Comment

daemon tools for windows vista beta 2? build 5384

currently running version of windows vista beta 2 and would really appreciate it if daemon tools support it =D

Comment

dyzvietboi, I moved your post to this thread.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

VISTA: Roll back before install

I'm trying to install 3.29 on windows vista beta 2 but I'm having trouble. Once it gets to the registering icons part, it rolls back and spouts the error:

"Installation was interupted"

Any one know how to fix this? Thanks

Comment

damnit, and 4.xx fucks pc up good....
            what r we supposed to use? hell no if u say alcohol, makes pc go slow as HELL!
            and other programs like farstone sucks!

Comment

Daemon Tools ver 3.02 will install and run on Vista 5384...BUT!!!! it screws the activation.
              It resets the activation to 14days and will not allow Vista to be activated until DT,s is uninstalled.

This tool ( image drive) works but it has limited file support.
              From Tom's Corner A few days ago I needed to install software from ISO images. There were two possibilies: burning the ISO images to a CD-ROM or using a virtual CD-ROM drive that can mount ISO …

Comment

Running Daemon Tools successfully on Vista Beta2

You will need to use version 3.33 if you are running Vista Beta2 (build 5384.4). There are currently three issues being investigated at MS regarding this app:

1) 4.0x installations fail to load driver and result in a reboot request loop.
                2) 3.20 and earlier versions install but unactivate Windows (and reactivation is not possible)
                3) 3.47 installation completes, but bugcheck 7e occurs on reboot when driver attempts to load

Version 3.33 is your best bet until the next public release of Windows Vista (RC1).

Comment

hmm so is there anyway to find out when the next one that supports vista 5384 x64 gonna be released? cos all these people are sayin it works from 3.11 or 3.33 etc but they are all 32 bit versions

Comment

Originally Posted by barodate
                    hmm so is there anyway to find out when the next one that supports vista 5384 x64 gonna be released? cos all these people are sayin it works from 3.11 or 3.33 etc but they are all 32 bit versions
                    Which version of Daemon Tools was the first to support x64 platforms?

Comment

4.01 was the first to work in x64

Comment

i got one brilliant idea :P
                        i installed dtools 3.47 on another comp, then i copied every file, the one in windows file too, then i copied the reg keys located in local machine-->software-->D-Tools
                        then i get that no language support error...
                        so i guess theres more reg keys too copy...but i dunno where to start...

Comment

any daemon programmer whom can tell me what kind of keys that are modified\made when daemon is installed?

Comment

i tried the copying thing it doesnt work.... virtual cd8 worked for me for a while but thn it effed up BAD

Comment

Yes! 3.33 Works fine, no more activation issues. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by barodate
                                Yeah, i'm joining the 64x vista error mass too

Comment

Working...
                                X