No announcement yet.

The Big Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no luck installing 3.33 with VISTA BETA 2.
    I get the following error:

Error 25001. Device setup error: code 25030 (0x61C6), -536870337 (0xE000023F). Contact your support personnel.

Anybody any clues as what does this mean? Thanks.

Comment

pointing to thread Installation on Vista build 5308 fails

Originally Posted by bcsan
      Anybody any clues as what does this mean?
      Post #42 of the Installation on Vista build 5308 fails thread explains that error code.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Pyr0
        4.01 was the first to work in x64
        Since 4.01 was the first version of DTools to work on x64 and all 4.0x versions are failing to install (reboot request loop), then folks will have to wait for a newer build of Vista (RC1 in August). Or just run x86. Vista Beta2 x64 is crap anyways.

Comment

Doesn't matter if your OS is 64-bit or 32-bit

Originally Posted by Kastagir
          Or just run x86
          Fyi: Neither DAEMON Tools 4.00, 4.01, nor 4.03 will install properly on Vista Beta 2. Doesn't matter if your OS is 64-bit or 32-bit.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Well..I (unfortunately) seem to be one of those with the 64 bit issues...I've tried countless different things, either ending up with the blasted sptd.sys error, or one very similar to bscan's. (on 3.33, however I've gone through all the previous versions up to 3.02 and still coming up with the same errors)

However, my error message is slightly different:

Error 25001. Device setup error: code 25007 (0x61AF), -536870347 (0xE0000235) .
            Contact your support personnel.

I've gone and disabled UAP, and pretty much have followed all the advice on this forum up until now.

Any ideas?

Comment

v3.x does NOT work in 64 bit OS!
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Heh, i'm hopping on to the SPTD.sys error bandwagon, and i'm using the x64 version.

So what to do... every time i reboot i have to revert to the last restore point?

Any fixes int he forseeable future? I need my emulation software....

Comment

Ive tried every Version and No luck.

Are they working on this?

Comment

Just curious...

I am kinda curious wondering if anybody else has gotten this problem...when I am installing windows vista beta 2 I get through till I reach the section that says "checking compatability" which then I get a compatibility report that tells me I need to get some drivers for alot of things but one thing that I would like to point out is this "The following applications/drivers are not supported in Windows Vista.
                    The following devices will not work until the device driver software is updated. After the installation is complete, contact the device manufacturer for updated driver software for these devices:

1. SCSI/RAID Host Controller

There are more but I think this one is kinda related to daemon tools, right? At least I think so...anyhow I would appreciate is someone would help me out here. Thank you very much.

Derek

Comment

Are you running an upgrade wizard? If so it is recommended to uninstall DAEMON Tools before an OS upgrade (or before creating a Recovery console cmdcons folder [to avoid an access denied message]) and then re-install it into the new OS.

I have not used Vista so I'm not sure at what point in the install process the "checking compatability" section gets displayed.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Problems with Windows Vista

I'm having a problem installing daemon tools with the new Vista Beta. When i trying installing the new 4.0.3 version, the installer will ask me to restart over and over again. When i try to install with 3.33 version i get an error that reads (Error 25001. Device setup error. code 25030 [0x61c6], 1168 [0x490]). Is daemon tools not workable with Vista or is this a different problem?

note: this post was moved to the vista thread

Comment

DT4 is not compatible with Vista (at least Beta 2, not sure about prior versions). Are you using the x86 or x64 version of Vista? If it's the x86 version, there is another very large thread around here about getting DT 3.33 working already, you should check there first (see link below). If it's the x64 version, you cannot install DT or Alcohol at all (or any virtual drive software to my knowledge).

note: this post was moved to the vista thread

*EDIT*
                          Good thing I noticed that note above, at first I thought I did something stupid like post a link to the post I was posting in, lol.
                          Last edited by Jito463; 22.06.2006, 05:51.

Comment

My attempts:
                            4.0.3 x86 - SPTD attempt...no dice...
                            Cleaned out attempted installs. Vista rebooting fine at this point.
                            3.20 - Sucessfully; activation reset (data invalid crap)
                            3.33 - Hanging installer. Killing SYSTEM msiexec process gives error (windows installer not accessable), install rolled back, install canceled.
                            3.33 - Asked to roll back current instalation. Driver verify for device instalation (same as for installing non-logo'd drivers). Hanging install, killed larger SYSTEM msiexec process (gives same error as above when done so). Install roll back to unsucessfull screen. Have to restart...wish me luck.

Comment

Well...I'm back, but I ended up having a dirty 3.20 install (on boot requested critical driver st320hg, which is 3.20 (obviously) ), so I loaded up The ultimate boot CD for windows, ran regedit pe, and removed the entries for it manually.

Restart, vista loaded sucessfully, and I got a DT icon. MMC lists two (2) ST3WOLF SCSI Adapters (one w/error, 1 ok), and the data is still invalid for activation. Removing extra Adapter was painless, but still no luck...but I do have 3.33 installed sucessfully (albeit painfully)

Comment

Update of my v3.33 story...

I never had any installation error or whatever error with v3.33 of DT in vista 32bit build of vista... (from build 5231-5384)untill a couple of weeks ago:

Actually i had an error installing dt3.33 on vista!
                                Explanation: I tried to install dt4.03 first ( don't work ) and after that fail i tried installing dt3.33 ( this is were i get the error )
                                So its easy! Never try any other DT version before v3.33 !!!!
                                In other words... after a fresh installation of vista.... install DT3.33 directly without trying another newer version ( that won't work ) and you won't have the installation error ! This is with the 32bit vista build ( 64bit is another story )

Trying a newer version of DT before installing v3.33 seems to mess up the all virtual drive system in vista
                                Take it for advice

This is what worked for me after that:

- Tried install v3.33 (after v4.03 try)
                                - Get error !!!
                                - Than i went into device manager and the ST3WOLF controller was marked with a yellow exclamation mark!
                                - I uninstalled the ST3WOLF controller
                                - Reboot the PC
                                - After the reboot...i got the DT3.33 installation window that tells me "DT3.33 was install successfully" and the desktop icon appeared on my desktop.
                                - I opened DT, Used it to install couple of programs and everything works great since then.

Sincerely
                                SFkilla23
                                Last edited by sfkilla23; 22.06.2006, 18:08.
                                http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X