Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable tu run D-Tools 4.0.3 (with sata2 hdd)

i launched the setup of Daemon Tools 4.0.3... first it wanted to install some scsi stuff and reboot, i did... after reboot setup finished and started launching d-tools and then these three error windows appeared. the first two of them at once and the third in a moment later... Translation (pls excuse my tranlastion coz i have no idea how they sound in real english version of windows): 1) Ejecting of Host SCSI Controller or RAID has come to problems 2) Activity of Host SCSI Controller or RAID cannot be shuted down at the moment. Pls try to shut them down later. 3) Change of system settings 4) Windows has finished instalation of new devices. Software of the device requires computer restart. New settings are taking affect after the computer reboot. Reboot now? Yes. No.

when i click NO and try to launch d-tools again, the process of these three windows repeats. when i click YES, system reboots and after restart while launching d-tools these three windows reapears again. and again and again...

d-tools 3.47 are working with no problem...

im suspecting of this problem having system installed on sata2 hdd...??? I ran d-tools 4.0.3 before (system on uata/133 hdd) then i connected the sata2 hdd as a second hdd (device manager showed him as a external hdd), stil no problems, but when i formated and installed the system into the sata2 hdd, i wasnt able to run them anymore... i think becoz the device manager already shows that i have a scsi controller (sata2 hdd with system within pretends to be an scsi device) so the scsi device cannot be shut down and the d-tools launched...??? is that correct?

im running Windows XP x86 Pro SP2 with all updates via microsoftupdate (incl. .net 1.1 sp1 and .net 2.0)
    burning soft NERO 6.6.0.18 (no other like easy cd creator), burning within winwows explorer disabled, no other sw like d-tools
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 300 GB 16 MB cache SATA2
    MB+CPU: DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D + Opteron 144

thx for any kind of help that could let me update from 3.47 to 4.0.3...

Comment

• Device problem 12

when i install daemon tools 4 ,launch it , i get tis error -cannot stop scsi/... Can someone help me?

Comment

• Possible cause

it can be caused by the load of filters, with X-Teq X-Setup you can view this.

Plug-in->Hardware->CD-ROM/DVD->Low filters/Upper filters
        Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Korakas
          Once ACPI is installed, remove all Daemon tools files and reinstall. Should work like a charm.

This is the correct solution I already have in the past few days ago.
          But remember.. once you Uninstall DT makes sure that all tracks and any remains on Hard Drive(s) gone or do the delete if any find..
          Check as well under \system32\ the Minidump and empty if there is any thing inside.
          Reboot System a couple times and then Re-Install the DT and all will works pretty smoth.
          Now during the Re-Installation it may shows some Errors saying: "The installation was interupted.. can not to continue.
          Try again!" - so go for again but gave a short time break when the installation process start.. because the DT is checking the existence of all drives installed here.. include a Floppy Drive which often what I find is the problems of unsuccessful installation and the pop-up Errors when you too fast going with the mouse pointer clickin.
          The whole above problem I have and going ahead till get them works as expected.
          Best regards...

Comment

• A solution for some Oldtimer--but I don't consider installing ACPI and totally screwing up my hard disk to be much of a...solution.

Still, if it works for you, great!

Comment

• I've taken two hours to change standard PC to APCI through update of Winxp yesterday. Now it works fine.t It is good I don't need to reinstall my app softwares:wink: . Cheerful! It seems the only solution for now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                The problem with error 12 is that it is INDEED not enough resources on your computer. DT4 requires real I/O range and shareable interrupt to work properly - same error you may get if you will try to insert some real hardware expansion board that requires interrupt.
                We will think about workaround for this problem.
                I don't want to sound like I know more than you do, cause I don't but...

The real problem is that you worked around black listing of SCSI devices? and added the new version of Dtools into the registry as a ACPI device, but your relying on Windows to modify the IRQs, as Standard PC users CAN modify the I/O but can not Modify the IRQ's since theres no INF available that tells windows that it can use more than 1 irq. AKA Windows HAL is re-allocating resources as I stated before, but since the ACPI devices only use 1 dedicated IRQ there is no chance for Standard PC Users to run this program.

Did I grasp that properly?

Comment

• Yes, for standard PC configuration with not enough interrupts it is no chance to run. It depends in fact on HAL which manages IRQ resources. At least one shareable interrupt must be present on system so SCSI controller can use it.
                  If Standard PC has one - it will work too. ACPI just has more effective interrupt management that is why at least one shareable interrupt is guaranteed and DT4 works fine.

Comment

• If its just a matter of building an inf to allow you to specify a different IRQ or using a reg patch to manually adjust the HAL whats the holdup?

The system IRQ is about the only one that cant be adjusted to make room.. not knocking the software but that seemed to be a poor choice of IRQs to assign to a device thats not core to start with.

Comment

• Installed a new motherboard with the same OS install its still running in standard PC mode but 4.0.3 installed and works.. go figure.

Comment

• Have the same problem. Had problem with ACPI on motherboard so I've turned it for while installing windows.

After reading this thread I am still not sure. Is there a fix expected to this problem from DAEMON TOOLS? Can they fix it? Or is reinstalling windows/try to enable ACPI the only expected way to do it?

Comment

• It would be hard to make a fix that will leave all the functionality of DT and not use IRQ since the whole idea of apearing as a real drive is built on it apearing as a scsi device which requires a free IRQ. ACPI has been around for years and almost every system supports it since it is currently the only way you can have more then 15 devices that use IRQ in your comp. ACPI actually shares them between devices. Most of you have the problem becasu your bios factory settings were set to ACPI disabled (don't ask me why ask the vendor). You can however fix this without crashing your system. All you have to do is enable all acpi settings in bios and do a repair install of windows. This will leave all your settings and programs intact! (not recovery console, repair installation when asked where to install).

I suggest you uninstall DT and SPTD before doing this. To uninstall SPTD use sptdinst in downloads section!

IMPORTANT: This however will not work if you have any one component that is not ACPI compliant! (if you don't know which one it is then just pull out all the extension cards ) In this case there is not much you can do since standard PC won't allow IRQ's to be shared. You will get the same problem if you try to install some new hardware that requires an IRQ. (additional ports, controlers, sound cards etc.) You will have to remove something!!! This is the whole reason why ACPI was introduces (and some other fancy stuff like computer shutdown ). Fot those of you that have this problem my suggestion is "GET AN ACPI COMPLIANT COMPONENT!".

Comment

• Although I could be wrong in respect that at least on my system the DT SCSI/RAID controler settled on the same IRQ as ACPI system and may be looking for it and won't use others that is something the designers can figure out!

Comment

• Eh some of us still subscribe to the old mythos that sharing IRQs impacts system performance.

Comment

• Thats one for the mith busters!

Comment

Working...
                                X