Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same issue

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop which originally had XP Home installed. Under that configuration, DT 4.0.3 worked like a champ.

I then used an upgrade cd to upgrade to XP Pro. After that, I got the dreaded "Unable to add adaptor. Device problem 32" error message. I've followed most of the suggestions in this thread to no avail.

ACPI shows up in my BIOS, so I don't believe that's the issue.

I don't understand German, but I looked at the German thread anyway and saw that the screenshots there described my issue exactly.

Any other suggestions out there? I've wasted many hours on this issue already and am starting to get frustrated!

Thanks,

-Eric

Comment

• Originally Posted by baltoeric
      Any other suggestions out there? I've wasted many hours on this issue already and am starting to get frustrated!
      Hi Eric,

I think, there isn't yet any possibility to get around this issue, than waiting for a new release which offers a bugfix.

Like I already mentioned: The one thing I didn't tried yet is to unplug/diable other third party raid adapter like my sil3114 onboard raid controller, and reinstall it after an eventually successful install of daemon-tools 4.03 x64.

I suggest to give up searching for a solution, because that would be a waste of time and I'm afraid that would be a real frustrating mission impossible too...

floogy

Comment

• Finally I found a solution!

Hello,

I found a solution for my wrecked up Daemon Tools install (because of a WinXP upgrade):

floogy
        Last edited by floogy; 14.03.2006, 13:22.

Comment

• didn't help for me

Comment

• I found a solution for deleting the spdt registry keys which are writeprotected:

Maybe that is the part you're missing?

floogy

Comment

• Hi,

I reinstalled my system from Scratch, and it now works fine -

Originally Posted by floogy
              Hi there,

I encountered exactly the same behaviour after an update of x64 eval to x64 retail. Have a look at this thread in german language, if you're capable to read that. There's also a bunch of screenshots.

I think we'll have to wait for a new release?

The only thing what I not yet tried is to disable uninstall third party SCSI/RAID drivers (Sil 3114). Will that do the trick?

My Mainboard is Asus A8N-SLI-Deluxe.

regards

floogy

Comment

• i solvd it for xp x64

1. uninstall daemon tools and the sptd.sys using sptdinst_x64.exe remove
                2. reboot
                3. run regedit delete ALLE! referance to sptd and dtscsi (for those keys you can't delete, just delete the content eksept the (Default) key)
                4. reboot in safe mode
                5. run sptdinst_x64.exe add
                6. reboot
                7. install daemon tools v4.03
                8. you are done and happy

it might work for xp 32 as vel eksept use a defrent sptdinst

sorry for eny bad spelling i am a Dane

Comment

• doesnt work for me (like every solution i found yet)

maybe ill never have dt 4.03 working

is there any way to change the irq from the scsi/raid adapter
                  by me its irq0 but i cant change it
                  Last edited by seekerX3; 02.05.2006, 14:33.

Comment

• Same Problem - Reinstall should not be necessary

See my post about this problem here.
                    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=11560

I refuse to believe there is not a software solution for this problem. I can uninstall daemon-tools 4 and install 3 and it will work fine. I don't use ACPI because the windows ACPI handling sucks, I have always trused the system BIOS more. I have never ran into an application that requires ACPI to function correctly.

This problem is easy to reproduce for all the DT developers. Just install windows with all ACPI functions disabled in your system bios. Then try to install DT.
                    There are hundreds of posts here with people having this problem and probably thousands actually having the issue.

Rather than telling all them to reinstall windows and waste several hours of their life why not just fix the problem with DT4.

Please investigate further and save the world thousands of hours of un-necssary windows re-install time.

Comment

• Amen to that! Confucious really knows what he's saying--nothing outside of hardware limitations can't be solved with software! Please find a solution--this is rediculous.

Comment

• my only guess is that the low-level implementation of the virtual scsi device has problems with the bios handling the IRQ-Ressources. dunno if the problem can be solved that easily. but at least it would be nice to hear from the dt-developers if they are aware of the problem and have thought about it. re-installing windows can't be the only solution, at least it isn't for me.

Comment

• Have you people simply tried doing a repair install after enabling ACPI in the BIOS? It replaces all the system files from the CD but (in almost all cases) leaves your programs intact. In most cases, this will fix Windows issues without requiring a full reinstall.

Comment

• My solution was this:

And I had some trouble with the latest ms patchday for win x64.
                            I uninstalled the affected upgrade package.

Comment

• Jito--no we haven't, lol, I believe that besides physical limitations due to hardware restrictions (aka perfomance and crap) are the only thing that can't be fix through software implementation.

There has to be a way around this without RISKING my entire computer--I don't need to reformat, my computer's working fine--but I do need a working Daemon tools! lol

Comment

• Same problem here. MSI KT4V , ATHLON XP 2400+, no ACPI, uniprocesor MPS.

Comment

Working...
                                X