Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: xps 1210 Logitech camera w/ SPTD

Originally Posted by jasont724
    Any news with this issue? I have the latest alcohol installed and sptd still hangs during bootup with my logitech cam installed. I have an xps 1210 so I cannot remove the cam.
    Are you using the most recent camera drivers?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• Originally Posted by Underheaven
      Are you using the most recent camera drivers?
      Yep. I did a reformat and fresh install. After installing the drivers from the dell site, I installed alcohol / DT (separately during separate reformats) and both caused the bootup to hang. If I don't install the logitech drivers, sptd works fine.

Comment

• These are the links to the uodated SPTD.SYS driver from Duplex Secure development team as posted in the Alcohol Forums. You that still are having problems give them a try and post your findings. I will copy/paste the entire post on Alcohoo forums because I think it is important. Good Luck!

-----------
        Thread link:

Title: SPTD Driver Updated to Version 1.25, Please update your SPTD-layer immediately

Duplex Secure development team has released today a new update of SPTD driver (Ver 1.25), which fixes some previously reported critical issues including latest XP64 update and McAfee fix.
        In between this release also addresses Vista Beta 2 compatibility problems.

Please update your SPTD-layer immediately

Instructions: Decompress and run the BAT.File or from command console follow the details below

x32 bits:
        Description:
        NEW VERSION 1.25 - CHANGELOG:

Incompatibilities with McAfee fixed
        Several glitches fixed

This is the standalone-package of the SPTD-driver. To remove the SPTD-driver, simple download it and via command-console, execute it "sptdinst_x86.exe remove" and SPTD will remove itself from your windows installation. If you want to add it, execute in command console "sptdinst_x86.exe add". SPTD is also used (besides Alcohol Software) in some proprietary security, antivirus and monitoring applications which are not disclosed to wide public.

Download SPTDinst-v125-x86:

x64 bits:
        Description:
        NEW VERSION 1.25 CHANGELOG:

Microsoft Patch KB 914784 - FIXED
        McAfee incompatibilities - FIXED
        Several glitches and issues some users reported - FIXED

This is the standalone-package of the SPTD-driver. To remove the SPTD-driver, simple download it and via command-console, execute it "sptdinst_x64.exe remove" and SPTD will remove itself from your windows installation. If you want to add it, execute in command console "sptdinst_x64.exe add". SPTD is also used (besides Alcohol Software) in some proprietary security, antivirus and monitoring applications which are not disclosed to wide public.

Download SPTDinst-v125-x64:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Thorz
          These are the links to the uodated SPTD.SYS driver from Duplex Secure development team as posted in the Alcohol Forums. You that still are having problems give them a try and post your findings. I will copy/paste the entire post on Alcohoo forums because I think it is important. Good Luck!

-----------
          Thread link:

Title: SPTD Driver Updated to Version 1.25, Please update your SPTD-layer immediately

Duplex Secure development team has released today a new update of SPTD driver (Ver 1.25), which fixes some previously reported critical issues including latest XP64 update and McAfee fix.
          In between this release also addresses Vista Beta 2 compatibility problems.

Please update your SPTD-layer immediately

Instructions: Decompress and run the BAT.File or from command console follow the details below

x32 bits:
          Description:
          NEW VERSION 1.25 - CHANGELOG:

Incompatibilities with McAfee fixed
          Several glitches fixed

This is the standalone-package of the SPTD-driver. To remove the SPTD-driver, simple download it and via command-console, execute it "sptdinst_x86.exe remove" and SPTD will remove itself from your windows installation. If you want to add it, execute in command console "sptdinst_x86.exe add". SPTD is also used (besides Alcohol Software) in some proprietary security, antivirus and monitoring applications which are not disclosed to wide public.

Download SPTDinst-v125-x86:

x64 bits:
          Description:
          NEW VERSION 1.25 CHANGELOG:

Microsoft Patch KB 914784 - FIXED
          McAfee incompatibilities - FIXED
          Several glitches and issues some users reported - FIXED

This is the standalone-package of the SPTD-driver. To remove the SPTD-driver, simple download it and via command-console, execute it "sptdinst_x64.exe remove" and SPTD will remove itself from your windows installation. If you want to add it, execute in command console "sptdinst_x64.exe add". SPTD is also used (besides Alcohol Software) in some proprietary security, antivirus and monitoring applications which are not disclosed to wide public.

Download SPTDinst-v125-x64:
          http://85.17.36.30/SPDT/SPTDinst-v125-x64.rar
          Thanks - but it's not clear how we are supposed to fix this issue with existing installs of DT or any other software (i.e A120) that uses SPTD. Do we uninstall the existing product(s) that use SPTD so that the current driver is not loaded and then run the "sptdinst_x64.exe add" routine, or do we run "sptdinst_x64.exe remove" to uninstall the existing SPTD?

All very confusing.

--ScottKin

Comment

• I have managed to find what the problem is and use a kludge workaround. Please note that this applies with a dell user who has the sigmatel audio and logitech webcams.

These links all point to a problem with the AEC feature of the
            logitech microphone's driver and its conflict with both the sigmatel sound card and the sptd drivers. It conflicts with the sound card because both have line-in capabilities. It conflicts with the sptd because the logitech sound driver has to do with kernels(?). The display name says Logitech Kernal Audio Processing Filter Driver. This was just a guess.

I have managed to get my system up and running now following logitech's instructions to remove a folder and file related to the webcam's mic. I can use alcohol but I can't use the mic anymore. They supposedly are working on a fix for the past few months now.

This is so frustrating.

Comment

• I think you have to just uninstall the driver and install it again, don't think that you have to touch the applications that use it. This is what I have understood.

Comment

• You need just update SPTD only, without removing anything.

Comment

• I figgered it out!

Hey I was reading the post cus I was having the same problem and managed to figger out how to fix it.

When you first boot your PC you will hang so you have to restart your pc in safe mode. (after bios boot screen rapidly press F8)
                  ! Let the Sptd.sys driver load. ! (Dont press ESC)
                  In order for this to work you do need Sptd.sys dirver to be in
                  \Windows\System32\drivers\

Once in safe mode load daemon tools.

Next Right click the icon and go to Virtual CD/DVD-ROM Then
                  Go to Set number of devices... and set it to Disabled.

Next restart your pc. Once back in windows u can set the number of devices back to what it was before.

I think there was some conflict with windows loading the emulated CD-ROM drive at start up. Not the Sptd.sys file. By removing the Sptd.sys file we were just disabling Daemon tools from working, thus disabling the messed up drive.

Happy emulation! -Vandrick

Comment

• I'm having this problem too. However, I can't even boot into safe mode to troubleshoot. It says to press esc to stop loading sptd.sys, but if I don't press esc my computer just restarts. If I do press esc, my computer restarts. Any ideas on how I can boot into safe mode?

Comment

• I also have a RAID-controller system and now I am crapping golden Twinkies. I have used DT 3.whatever for years on many systems with no problems. However, when I loaded the latest DT, whammo! One day and three reboots and I get the BSOD for .5 seconds. The windows boot up screen would read press esc to cancel loading SPTD.sys and then d346bus.sys. I get the same results if I press esc or not. I havent tried windows recovery consol yet. If I wasnt RAIDing, I would simply remove the HD, places it in my external unit, retrieve any files, reformat and reload OS with the old DT. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem it would be very grateful.

Thanks, chuck

Comment

• You've to remove the obsolete drivers (d346bus.sys & d346prt.sys)! V3.4x and v4.0x are NOT compatible!
                        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

• Originally Posted by chuck303
                          If I wasnt RAIDing, I would simply remove the HD, places it in my external unit, retrieve any files, reformat and reload OS with the old DT. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem it would be very grateful.

Thanks, chuck
                          Th RAID doesn't really matters. Load a cd or USB pen drive with Ghost or (much better) Acronis True Image. Make an image of your array, that should be seen as a single disk by both programs and dump the image on a single hard disk, you can even retrieve all your files without restoring the image as both Ghost and ATI let you mount an image. Use another machine with Windows installed for doing this.

After this you can so whatever you like with the image if you have though of reloading the OS.

But I agree with Copytrooper, just remove the offending drivers. If you like to have access to your Windows just delete SPTD.sys and the other drivers with problems, you can always use a disk like BartPE or any CD *nix distro that can read NTFS for doing this. You can retrieve all the files that you like using one of this CD methods too.

Good luck!

Comment

• I was convinced I had a reply here concerning my Daemon issues.

In the meantime I have been able to do a Recovery from the Windows XP cd yet the earliest recovery point is April and as I installed Daemon in March, whatever point I take, I get back to the black - keep on rebooting - screen.

The issue is in the registry keys, as when I take the "repair" ones from Windows, I am able to access Windows.

What are the changes done by Daemon tool to the registry settings? How can I have them checked?

Any other suggestions would be nice.

Thanks!

Comment

• Your post was outsourced to an own thread:
                              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

• Problems Booting into Win XP

Hi all,

I've the same problem of not being able to boot into Win XP after installing DT. During bootup in safe mode, pressing the Esc key to ignore loading sptd.sys is useless. It simply reboots again. Does the Recovery console mode during boot from Win XP CD realli help? I'm very desperate as I did not back up my files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X