No announcement yet.

EVERYTHING related to "Star Wars: Empire at War" goes in HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree, CureROM beta is still not working with 1.3 patch. I get "Conflict with emulation software detected" message. I did everything that Lance from CureROM forum said.

Comment

• Well new CureROM can start EAW 1.03 but not every time. Mostly I get "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (%CODE%)." message.

Comment

• Instead of using a mini-image make a full image, that should sort out the problem...

Iv'e tested it with a full-image from both Alcohol 120% and BlindWrite.
        Mail:
        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

• It works for me. One thing I had to do though was right click on DAEMON Manager, then go to options and uncheck secure mode. Under emulation, I have all options to off. I left Automount checked on options. Then other than that, I used the same settings in CureRom 2.0 as I did in the old one. One thing though, it takes a bit longer to load, and doesnt work every time. Sometimes I get the please put original disk in as many as twice. Most times though, the game loads by the second try, and sometimes the first.

Someone posted step by step instructions in the copy forum that are slightly different than mine.

SJRACER

Comment

• sYk0, I do use a full mds/mdf image.

Comment

• This is the method that works for me. I have every option unchecked in daemon tools and all emulation off.

Comment

• How to get SWEAW 1.3 to work

I have gotten SWEAW 1.3 to work with both the curerom 2 beta and the new anti-blacklist fixer under the downloads section

Curerom 2:
                Rename the curerom exe under your program files directory
                Open curerom and re-associate crp files
                Create a new profile
                Select the sweaw.exe under the gamedata folder
                Check anti-blacklist meaures
                Use alcohol 120% (haven't tested with daemon tools yet)
                set the wait to 7 seconds
                Suspend auto play
                Next and then finish to save the shortcut
                Make sure daemon tools is not running and that daemon tools emulation options are turned off

Daemon script and new AntiBlacklist-Fixer:
                Open daemon script
                Click the mount button and point it to your image
                Place the asr.exe (AntiBlacklist-Fixer) file under the star wars gamedata directory
                Select the asr.exe as the executable
                Extra parameters are - r sweaw.exe and the startup directory is the Gamedata directory
                Set the delay to 1000
                Select waitforapp and put sweaw.exe in the application box and timeout to 0
                Optional: add an unmount to the script
                Save it
                Create a shortcut and run it

Notes:
                The AntiBlacklist-Fixer can be downloaded under the daemon tools download section

The images were created with alcohol 120% using the securerom new 4.x/5.x profile with the DPM set to high and the dpm measurement on 2x

For the curerom daemon tools was not running and the curerom program exe was renamed

Hope this works for you
                Last edited by rustason; 25.04.2006, 11:44.

Comment

• Star wars Empire at war 1.3 abd curerom 2 and Daemon script

I have got the new curerom 2 beta and daemon script with the new antiblacklist fixer under the daemon tools download section

For curerom 2 I renamed the curerom exe and re-associated the crp files. Used alcohol 120% to mount the image and set the time to 7 seconds

For daemon script the runapp must point to the asr.exe with -r sweaw.exe as additional parameters

Comment

• Same problem with new ASR tool - sometimes it is able to start the game but most of the times I see "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (%CODE%).". I'm starting to think that maybe the problem is related to Daemon Tools not being able to correctly emulate newest SecuROM.

Comment

• Insert original instead of backup

It might be cause your image is not good enough. Try and make a new image with the dpm measurement on alcohol set to 1 or 2. It takes a while for the image to be created but it does work

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cuddles
                        Same problem with new ASR tool - sometimes it is able to start the game but most of the times I see "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (%CODE%).". I'm starting to think that maybe the problem is related to Daemon Tools not being able to correctly emulate newest SecuROM.
                        It is because your MDS (DPM) is bad...

Comment

• Can someone explain why previous version of SecuROM (EAW before patch 1.3) works with my bad image?

Comment

• Maybe because SONY improved math behind CD check (in 1.3, SecuRom 7.20)?

Comment

• Why you previous image worked

Maybe also try and set the timeout higher.

Comment

• Eaw solved...

Hi ppl. Just solved all my way

I've tried everything... but it was simple.

Just run asr.exe and point to sweaw.exe. (!) I have D-Tools. Not that it matters i guess...

Also: to all russian ppl out there. I managed to solve the sound problem totally. Units can talk! (English of course!) I won't describe all the stuff here, you know the whole story with the sound issue after patches

I followed the basic solution to restore sound but i left sfx2d_english and sfx2d_russian both in the SFX directory. Also, i unpacked the SFX2d_english, renamed all to (filename)_rus and copied to Audio\speech\russian\ directory! The game works 100% And even 100% english!

Comment

Working...
                                X