The Big Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got It to Work!!!!!

After hours of troubleshooting the issue I have posted regarding virtual drives not appearing in My Computer, I finally got v4.03HE to work on the Vista Beta 2 build 5384. Here's what I did:

Once v4.03 is install and turn on, set number of device to your desire value 1-4. Then open My Computer to see if the virtual drives appear. If not, then go to control panel and device manager. There should be an exclamation mark for the virtual drives in the Other Device group. Right click on each virtual drive and select update driver. Then tell Windows you want to select the location to search the driver file. Make sure to put c:\Windows in the browse field and Windows should be able to find the correct driver file for the virtual drives.

Comment

• @BC7
      You shouldn't have to go through those steps unless you're having a problem with it. The latest verion was updated with a new version of SPTD which made it compatible with 5384.

Comment

• I was able to get V4.03HE to install and fully working in build 5384
        if needed i can TRY and rember what i did...

Comment

• I posted in this thread back at post #167 and had not looked back untill today. There was a reply that yes it works....NO IT DOES NOT, same error as before unspecified error unable to mount, in otherwords at least for me using a SATA primary drive it will not work. I long ago disabled driver signature's when I first did the install.
          I'm sure as Underhaven posted it "may work" and I'll bet it was on an IDE primary partition therefore it worked...for those 'puters who use IDE primary drives.
          Note I am using the 64 bit version and did download the latest version just minutes ago and it was a no-go,exactly the same problem when I originally posted.

Comment

Originally Posted by DaGuesingman
            I posted in this thread back at post #167 and had not looked back untill today. There was a reply that yes it works....NO IT DOES NOT, same error as before unspecified error unable to mount, in otherwords at least for me using a SATA primary drive it will not work. I long ago disabled driver signature's when I first did the install.
            I'm sure as Underhaven posted it "may work" and I'll bet it was on an IDE primary partition therefore it worked...for those 'puters who use IDE primary drives.
            Note I am using the 64 bit version and did download the latest version just minutes ago and it was a no-go,exactly the same problem when I originally posted.
            Okay, I've got a friend with only a SATA drive. If I get a big chunk of time I'll let you know the results.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• I'm not trying to pick You out or anything, I will let You know it DID install but tries to put the virtual drive in the place of my DVD-RW drive and program would not allow me to either update/change drive letter for the virtual drive so once again I had to uninstall.
              This is definately closer than the frist time I posted the way I read it was the virtual drive was trying to mount in the primary (first drive/0) of my secondary IDE where My DVD drive actually is. It would not let me change the driver for either drive in device manager telling Me driver was needed to boot the system? I'm assuming it is a conflict somehow with the SATA primary boot drive.
              I appreciate the help and in no way think there is a "perfect solution"..yet! Hopefully everything will get sorted for it to work before Vista is a retail product , ahh the joys of beta software!

Comment

• SATA drives are not 100% compatible with vista yet. My SATA was making conflict with my sound device. So i guess they can also conflict with virtual devices
                After i did an upgrade of my SATA drivers, my conflicts were gone

Next step will be RC1... we will see than.
                RC1 should hit the road around mid august.
                Wait and see.
                http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

• Thought this might be of interest

Looks like dtools isn't the only one that is going to have problems.
                  http://www.theregister.com/2006/07/2...y_controversy/

Comment

• Cannot install latest DT on Vista 5472

I tried to install the latest version of Daemon Tools under Vista Build 5472 but I get this error:

Unable to add adapter. Unable to open file in kernel mode

I tried several things but nothing works.

Comment

Originally Posted by mishad7
                      I tried to install the latest version of Daemon Tools under Vista Build 5472 but I get this error:

Unable to add adapter. Unable to open file in kernel mode

I tried several things but nothing works.
                      And it won't work, DAEMON Tools only works with build 5384.4
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• Originally Posted by Underheaven
                        And it won't work, DAEMON Tools only works with build 5384.4
                        lol,
                        It must be so boring of telling people 100x the same story, its like people can't read!
                        I don't know how you can do it underheaven.
                        Thank you for this
                        http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Yes, it's kind of silly. Your welcome.

So what next: DAEMON Tools will become more compatible eventually and then we'll have to do problem solving work involving more than just asking build number .
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• i was probably better off without the latest build . i cant use dtools now .

maibe its because of uac .. is there any way to disable it ?

Comment

• People..

If the 4.03 version and the 3.33 doesn't work for you,
                              then try a different version from the Daemon Tools Archive.

I've got Vista Beta 2 (build 5342)
                              and I've tried the 3.33 version and it didn't work for me.

But I've tried the 3.02 version too and that worked like a charm

Comment

Originally Posted by O.G.
                                People..

If the 4.03 version and the 3.33 doesn't work for you,
                                then try a different version from the Daemon Tools Archive.

I've got Vista Beta 2 (build 5342)
                                and I've tried the 3.33 version and it didn't work for me.

But I've tried the 3.02 version too and that worked like a charm
                                But I think the difference between 3.33 and 3.02 is that 3.33 supports images with DPM, 3.02 doesn't. I may be wrong though- been a while since I used them.
                                the modern world:
                                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                                X