The Big Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Underheaven
    But I think the difference between 3.33 and 3.02 is that 3.33 supports images with DPM, 3.02 doesn't. I may be wrong though- been a while since I used them.
    i confirm
    No emulation options like in 3.02
    http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

• Just FYI (If it's not already somewhere else) - I tried this yesterday on my Vista build 5384, DaemonTools 4.03. After I started the install it gives that to complete the SPTD install it needs to reboot. It comes up with a reboot error stating that the file is corrupt or not in the system catalog. If I then return to the boot menu and hit F8, it gives me an option of booting with "Disable Driver Signing (or similar)". This then lets me install and load Daemontools and successfully mount an image. Don't know about protection however, not had the need to try that yet.

HTH someone out there,

Comment

• Let's hope they make an SPTD version for Vista RC1, else we'd have to wait until the release (Oct. 25) for a working DT.
        BTW, anyone know when RC1 is coming out?
        With great power comes great responsibility.
        With great wisdom comes great stupidity.

Comment

• @unMatChedProWess: vista will be realeased in 2007 and not in october...
          My sysProfile!

Comment

• No, Vista will be released "when it's done" (MS statement) - even MS does not give 100% release dates anymore.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

• Vista for companys will be release in november.

Comment

• @copytrooper: yes i know. but if they dont release it in 2007, when shall they release it then??? in 2008?! then i'm gonna throw windows over board...
                My sysProfile!

Comment

• Anyone try Daemon 4.03 on Build 5483/5487 yet?

Comment

• Originally Posted by unMatChedProWess
                    Anyone try Daemon 4.03 on Build 5483/5487 yet?
                    Don't see the point as RC1 is coming up very soon....will be around 5489 or 5504...who knows. it can also be 5492 as it has been released to tap testers.
                    Last edited by sfkilla23; 09.08.2006, 16:54.

Comment

• User Account Control question during boot

How do we make Daemon boot quietly in Vista?

I did locate the daemon.exe in C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools and set compatibility property to "run as administrator" so it would install at boot.

BUT, UAC dialog pops up every time to confirm. How to be set that to be automatic?

Cheers!

Comment

• Is Vista's Patchguard (http://blogs.technet.com/security/ar...12/446104.aspx) going to cause problems? Just wondering if the dev team are on it?

Comment

• I got DaemonTools 4.03 to work in Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5384 x64 ultimate Edition, I had all the same errors everyone else was getting. So what I did was downloaded the drivers seperatly, and ran cmd promt in administrator mode, typed the name of the exe then put add after a space,
                          like this : sptdinst_x64.exe add
                          it had me reboot and then it worked fine, after that I installed Daemon Tools and it rebooted the machine, but it installed fine as well.

Comment

• Daemon Tools v3.33 works with build 5472
                            you've just have to right-click > Run as administator to not get "Virtual SCSI driver not detected" error
                            :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by zarzar
                              Daemon Tools v3.33 works with build 5472
                              you've just have to right-click > Run as administator to not get "Virtual SCSI driver not detected" error
                              :wink:
                              I never needed to do this right click thing.
                              Even in 5472.

Comment

• I couldn't install 3.33 on 5472 from my user account even by clicking "Run as administrator." Only after I logged in as the system "Administrator" account was I able to install it successfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X