No announcement yet.

The Big Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am running Vista Beta2 (build 5384.4) 32 bits.
    daemon-tools_v4.03-x86.exe installation fail to load SPTD driver v1.24 and result in a reboot request loop. I`m download SPTDinst-v125-x86.exe, run it with 'add', reboot, then daemon-tools_v4.03-x86 installed fine, but can`t start - error "Initialization error. This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.24 or higher."
    Any idea?

Comment

• Unable to add adapter. Unable to open file in kernel mode.

I'm running Windows Vista Beta 2 (Build 5456)
      the error occurs when I try to open DAEMON Tools v4.0.3 X86
      anyone have any ideo on what I can do to fix this?

edit by Admin: Please don't post fullscreen images directly in your post, they just destroy the thread's page layout. Besides, they are a strain for the hoster that serves the images. I replaced your screenshot with a linked thumbnail.

Comment

Originally Posted by b-a-p
        I am running Vista Beta2 (build 5384.4) 32 bits.
        daemon-tools_v4.03-x86.exe installation fail to load SPTD driver v1.24 and result in a reboot request loop. I`m download SPTDinst-v125-x86.exe, run it with 'add', reboot, then daemon-tools_v4.03-x86 installed fine, but can`t start - error "Initialization error. This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.24 or higher."
        Any idea?
        If you've just installed Vista a few days ago then one way is to just reinstall Vista. There's not much known yet about fixing Vista + DAEMON Tools problems. You can check to see if SPTD is installed (see if you are able to rename \Windows\system32\sptd.sys if it cannot be renamed then SPTD should be installed and working OK). Maybe you only thought SPTD was installed correctly.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• Daemon tools on Vista summary

Since we have already posted many times the same story... here is a summary of how to install Daemon tools on Windows Vista.
          Check my post

http://com3.runboard.com/bsfkillaplace.f6.t26

Vista RC1 is coming beginning of september06, I think we are all waiting for this one

Stay tuned
          Last edited by sfkilla23; 23.08.2006, 19:29.
          http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

• the deamon tools doesn't wanna open at vista platform

after i instaled the tool i tried to open the software and then it shows me that massage:

Comment

• Is Kernel Patch Protection the feature that prevents us from installing SPTD in Windows Vista? Or is it just incompatible?
              With great power comes great responsibility.
              With great wisdom comes great stupidity.

Comment

• Build 5536 was given to betatesters, anyone tried this?
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

• I'm currently downloading that build, I hope this works on VMWare, otherwise it will take me longer to check if its working or not.
                  CureROM Support Team

Comment

• Originally Posted by Blazkowicz
                    Build 5536 was given to betatesters, anyone tried this?
                    3.33 installs fine from an administrative command prompt on 5536 using msiexec /i daemon.msi
                    Remember make the exe always run as admin.

Didn't really try to get any newer builds working.

BTW, do customers have the 20 limit on moderated posts as well as everyone else? If so please consider lowering. Thanks.

Comment

• I just tried build 5536 with the D-tools 4.0.3 and SPTD 1.25 (the current kit). Install on Vista 5536 says "This program is blocked due to compatibility issues...Daemon Tools is incompatible with this version of Windows."

There is a "Check for solutions online" button, but it never finished in any timely manner.

Comment

• Originally Posted by obvious
                        BTW, do customers have the 20 limit on moderated posts as well as everyone else? If so please consider lowering. Thanks.
                        No, registered customers do not have any limitations (besides the board rules of course). Should work ok now for you without moderation.
                        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

• "This program is blocked due to compatibility issues...Daemon Tools is incompatible with this version of Windows."
                          Damn, that sucks, does anyone know if they're working on a new version of SPTD? I read that Build 5536 is supposed to be the RC1 preview, and 5552 is gonna be the real RC1. It'd be a shame if Daemon Tools couldn't work in RC1 yet

Comment

• Same result with 5536

We will have to wait for the real RC1 to try latest DT.
                            Its around the same story than before with build 5536.
                            Latest 4.03HE is made incompatible from the start in this build. But has usual... v3.33 works always like a charm :wink:

We will see in September

http://com3.runboard.com/bsfkillaplace.f6.t26
                            Last edited by sfkilla23; 26.08.2006, 18:50.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sfkilla23
                              as usual... v3.33 works always like a charm
                              if it works like a charm why can't it mount any of the new image types? :wink:
                              and why are some games not supported?
                              Sorry, just felt like adding some humour, we're all waiting painfully for RC1

Comment

• Originally Posted by unMatChedProWess
                                if it works like a charm why can't it mount any of the new image types? :wink:
                                and why are some games not supported?
                                Sorry, just felt like adding some humour, we're all waiting painfully for RC1
                                what type of images? as for games... this is for the protections... but 3.33 + third party softies is ok for me.
                                Starforce of course....:wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X