Clear All

solved

Windows XP SP2
    Previously had Daemon 347
    First, I uninstalled daemon, then tried to install DT4

After trying to install, got %subj% error

Steps I took, to successfully install DT4
    1. Reboot to save mode
    2. While rebooting to save mode Press ESC on any vax* and sptd* driver loads
    3. Go to ../system32/drivers/ and delete any vax* and sptd* files
    4. Open Device Manager, and select "show hidden devices"
    5. Uninstall any vax*, sptd* and sfcure* drivers (do not restart if asked)
    6. Open registy editor and search for "sptd", when found - delete. If complains, then select subentry, modify permisions, and then delete. All "stpd" entries must be deleted.
    7. Reboot to normal mode.
    8. Install. Reboot.
    9. Finish install, have fun

Comment

I have the same problem...

XP SP2, avast! AV, Spybot...

Comment

Originally Posted by aizis
        Windows XP SP2

1. Reboot to save mode
        6. Open registy editor and search for "sptd", when found - delete. If complains, then select subentry, modify permisions, and then delete. All "stpd" entries must be deleted.
        8. Install. Reboot.
        GRRRRR... Still not working here
        Regards

Comment

MeSs, please don't double post. The forums are moderated.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hello Guys

I can't reinstall the Daemon Tools. I have installed a program that said it would enable kernel debugger, after this daemon doesn't load and when trying to reinstall says "Internal Setup Error Contact Support".

I believe that i have to disable Kernel to fix this, but how can i disable it???

Comment

Ok, i want to share my experience when trying to instal Daemon v4. I got the very same error as the topic starter, which was the 'System file error' after the setup warned me about the SPDT install.
              I read throught this topic, then i thought i should give it a try in safe mode. Somehow i got it fixed, more luck then wisdom but im not complaining.
              I have Windows XP SP2 with Norton AntiV and Firewall 2004.

What i did:
              1. I remove my Daemon v347 throught uninstall. Reboot. Then remove it further using this thread http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t213...s-drivers.html. Reboot again.
              2. Start up Daemon v4 installer. Get the error.
              3. Went to msconfig and check Safeboot.
              4. Restart the comp, logged as administrator when asked.
              5. Start up Daemon v4 installer. Get the error again.
              6. Restart comp, without messing with msconfig so i would come back in Safemode again.
              7. Start up Daemon v4 installer. Click pass the SPDT warning. No error this time, it asked to restart comp, didnt click it yet. Went to msconfig, uncheck Safeboot, exit msconfig without restart. Click on restart of the Daemon installer.
              8. Continue setup after restart, Daemon v4 seems to be working fine.

Comment

im new here

i've had the same problem when trying 2 install dt4 i mean the same "system file error" message.but now i don't get that message when i try 2 install dt4 but after i hit the ok but when it tells me that this program will install the sptd layer on my pc it tells me 2 reboot 2 finish.i hit ok the system reboots and it keeps on rebooting the system over and over again and i can't do anything until i press f8 key and i hit the last good config that worked.and i keep having the same problem over and over again and i cant install dt4.anyone can help me with this one?pls

Comment

not solved

Originally Posted by aizis
                  Windows XP SP2

1. Reboot to save mode
                  8. Install. Reboot.
                  i did all of that and now when im trying 2 install dt4 the system file error message has not come but when i restart my pc it keeps restarting over and over angain and i cant do anything.now what seams 2 be the problem?can any1 help me with this 1?plsssssssssss
                  sorry for my bad english i hope u all understand this

Comment

So far no luck with any of the steps mentioned here.

However, I did notice something about the sptd.sys driver. When I checked my drivers folder for this file I noticed there were multiple sptd.sys files, there would be one sptd.sys and then some sptd1501.sys or so. What I noticed is that the sptd.sys was the scsi pass through direct host (~650kb large), while the sptd1501's were scsi port drivers (94kb) by microsoft.

Maybe the sptd has some sort of a conflict there?

I use RAID 0 in my system, maybe this has something to do with it?

<Z>

Comment

Sorry for posting again instead of editing (which I cannot do for obvious reasons).

I must notice, and this is probably more important than the RAID 0, that I use the SATA/SCSI drivers delivered with my mobo, not the MS standard ones, same for my RAID controller.

<Z>

Comment

Setting DT4 up is doing my head in...HELP

i'm constantly getting errors in respect to setting up this file and it's making me OLD.

Below is what i've got from Event viewer. Please help i've tried all advice on a good to many threads...

Event Type: Error
                        Event Source: sptd
                        Event Category: None
                        Event ID: 4
                        Date: 07/12/2005
                        Time: 20:39:06
                        User: N/A
                        Computer: IAN
                        Description:
                        Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
                        Data:
                        0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 52 00 ......R.
                        0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0 .......А
                        0010: 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
                        0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
                        0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Comment

A Possible Fix.

Hi Guys new here...

Anyway, I think I may have a solution for this problem. I was having the same problem, I figured out that with the help of some of your posts what may be the problem. Like you guys I was having the same problem over and over again, and after I followed the clues I determined that the problem at least with me was me being impatient during the initial reboot. I manually hit the reset button and restarted windows and found out that Daemon Tools did not install when I tried reinstalling it, I ran into this file system error issue.

Windows XP SP2, Updated with all patches, except for M$'s nasty drivers...anyway, I did a filesearch for the sptd.sys file. Deleted it. Then used regedit, (Start, run, REGEDIT) and using the search feature (F3) did a search for "sptd.sys" (sans quotes)while "My Computer" was highlighted. Deleted every entry of the sptd.sys I can find until it will not find another instance, double-checked to make sure. Rebooted, reinstalled, voila...BTW FEAR is a great game!

Comment

Unfortunately this helps as less as any other method for me.

Interesting is that if you cange the sptc-driver status from "automatic" to "system" that you're able to install DT but not execute it. Could someone imagine the reason for that?

Btw, does anybody know when DT 4.1 will be released? Maybe in further versions the "system file error" problem will be fixed...
                            Last edited by marpat; 10.12.2005, 12:56.

Comment

Modified checklist that worked for my computer

I had the same system error described above and could not install. Then, I tried combining steps from above and tip from another forum. The following steps worked for me the first time I tried them...

1. Followed the steps at URL: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t213...s-drivers.html
                              In addition:
                              2. Went to Device manager and removed SCSI/RAID Controller and DVD/CDROM drivers (previously created by DT)
                              3. Went to Device manager and System Devices and removed "pnp..." driver associated with Daemon
                              4. Removed System32\Drivers\dtscsi.sys file
                              5. Rebooted system. (errors were gone)
                              6. Installed Daemon 4.00. (prompted to reboot)
                              7. Rebooted. (prompted to continue installation.
                              8. Completed install (received missing SCSI error)
                              8. Rebooted again. (no errors)
                              9. Install was completed and worked fine.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks for the good suggestions in the posts above. It was good to know I was not the only person experiencing this installation problem.

Comment

Originally Posted by marpat
                                Btw, does anybody know when DT 4.1 will be released? Maybe in further versions the "system file error" problem will be fixed...
                                I hope so too. Or maybe the DT4 Pro will be perfect in any way.

Comment

Working...
                                X