No announcement yet.

"System File Error" when installing 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anybody with this error using a laptop connected to a docking station (as the doc is usally somehow using SCSI)? I am, just wanted to verify that this is not what is causing the error.

Comment

Still Doesnt work

System: P4 2.4, i865g, 512mb
      Others: .Net framework 1.1, nero6ultra, "daemon3.47", ms antispyware, zonealarm pro5.1, nortonAV2001

Havin' read the entire post, couldnt find one that work with me.

I have the same problem as others have
      1. Run daemon400.exe
      2. Prompt for uninstall of daemon3.47, allow it to uninstall
      3. Prompt about sptd, click ok
      4. Prompt about reboot, rebooted the system
      5. daemon setup started after reboot
      6. Again Prompt about sptd, click ok
      7. System file error

In device manager
      Dont have SCSI/RAID Controller
      no PnP BIOS Extension

no System32\Drivers\dtscsi.sys file
      no sata

cannot find d346prt.sys, d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys

found the same system error in event viewer as "Barberian"
      but no matter how many times the setup is run, only can see the error once in the event viewer, that is, the first time install error, subsequent attempt dont seem to generate any system error

By the way i found sptd.sys was modified.

Have tried deleting all registry keys relating to d347, or d346 but there is one entry i cant delete
      That is [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\PCI\d 347prt]
      Update: have deleted after changign permissions

I have installed daemon tool 4 successfully on another machine with same software and OS environment. The system is an Athlon64 3200+, msi nforce4, 1gb ddr400, sata hdd

Could it be something to do with amd friendliness :-)
      Last edited by realdan; 18.12.2005, 17:12.

Comment

i was just suffering from "sytem file error". none of the fixes from above worked.

I finally got it installed by doing the following with v3.47 installed.

1. went into device manager>system devices and uninstalled PnP Bios extension.
        2. selected upgrade from 3.47 in install options.
        3. rebooted when prompted to do so and finished installation with no errors.

i had avg antivirus installed and running while installing dtools 4.0 so i dont think that this was a problem.

thats it.

Hope this helps someone!

Comment

same system file error with x64 4.0.3

Comment

i got the same error, so i rebooted my computer in failsafe mode, and then it worked nice

Comment

Same problem when upgrading from 4.0 to 4.03 (x86),

I am domain user that have local administrator priveleges.

Windows XP ProP2.

Symantec AV Client running - can't disable because of domain policy.

Comment

I can confirm that disabling autoprotect on symantec antivirus 10.0.0.359 with scan engine 103.0.2.7 fixes the system file error thing.

Comment

I had the same problem when upgrading from 4.0 to 4.03 (x86).

And I can also confirm that disabling Auto-Protect on Symantec AntiVirus 10.0.0.359 with Scan engine 103.0.2.7 fixes the system file error.

Comment

I also had the problem when upgrading 4.0 to 4.03 (x86) and I can confirm that disabling Auto-Protect on Symantec AntiVirus fixes the file error.
                    Last edited by deekay; 06.01.2006, 04:50.

Comment

well, format C helped

Comment

ok well i cant even say how many times i tryed installing 4.0 and removing sptd.sys or w/e it is but for some damn reason i got 4.03 to work and this is how;

1.)Download and install Daemon Tools ver 3.46
                        2.)Dowload 4.03 and upgrade and restart
                        3.)for me it asked to restart again i beleive 1-2 more times so i did

and now it works....so... i hope this helps atleast one person =P

Comment

error

I got the same error when i tried to install D4 than i clicked OK and installed D4.i uninstalled it later.Than i tried to install Daemon3.47 I got an error "Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2).Contact your support personal."
                          than D3.47 doesnt installed. what should i do to install D3.47 i had XP SS2.

Comment

You've to remove sptd.sys layer first - either download sptdinst.exe for your OS (in our download section) and run sptdinst remove, or rename sptd.sys - then try again after reboot.
                            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by hemant
                              I got the same error when i tried to install D4 than i clicked OK and installed D4.i uninstalled it later.Than i tried to install Daemon3.47 I got an error "Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2).Contact your support personal."
                              than D3.47 doesnt installed. what should i do to install D3.47 i had XP SS2.
                              yea make sure you go into Windows/System32/driver/ and then find the sptd.sys files and delete them then try to do what i said, and make sure its 4.03 and NOT 4.0 dont try to install 4.0 at all
                              Last edited by Elite Bushido; 04.02.2006, 21:03.

Comment

Problem installing daemon tools 4&4.0.3

I tried to install daemon tools 4.0.3 first an it seemed that everything went ok,i rebooted my computer and the daemon tools were nowhere.I tried re-installing and i get this message:
                                Internal Setup error, Contact Support.
                                i get the same message when i'm trying to install daemon 4.
                                with 3.44 i dont have any problems.
                                Please help.

Comment

Working...
                                X