• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mastermind
    replied
    Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    The rest wouldn't be logical in my opinion

BTW "Start Verification" should be stated in log, that DT Pro started the verification
    I assumed it to be so, taken into consideration the similar strings like "Start burning" (Astroburn). But thanks a lot for your clarifications. They are always useful and much appreciated. That way, we can ensure a high quality translation before having actually seen the strings in their respective contexts. I must be honest; not all the strings have very intuitive meaning, and some can perhaps even be a bit misleading.

"Start Verification", "Start burning", etc.:
    I believe a more correct phrasing would be "Starting verification", "Starting verification process" or simply "Verification started". But to a developer, it sometimes makes sense to think of start/stop checkpoints for a procedure. E.g. "Verification START", "Verification STOP". Makes sense to the developer in a debug output, but to the end user this is not always very intuitive or attractive In my opinion, the messages/strings shown to the end user should (where possible) be in a natural, flowing and user-friendly language, not just brief head words.

That said, many strings that previously were a bit misleading or ambiguous, have been promptly corrected and improved afterwards. I'm delighted to see that suggestions are being taken seriously, and that the overall user-friendliness is constantly getting better and better.

Leave a comment:

• Ludwig99
    replied
    Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    It should Ludwig
    That is nice to hear, great!

Ludwig

Leave a comment:

• Blazkowicz
    replied
    The rest wouldn't be logical in my opinion

BTW "Start Verification" should be stated in log, that DT Pro started the verification

Leave a comment:

• mastermind
    replied
    Wow, in that case I got it totally wrong. I'm glad I asked then Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Blazkowicz
    replied
    It should be the error, when Verify option wasn't successful.

Leave a comment:

• mastermind
    replied
    Do you have any thoughts on the string "Error verification" (ID 4449)? I have temporarily translated it as a quite direct translation of the English phrase, but I'm a bit unsure of this string's context. What does it mean, and in what context (image creation, disc burning, or perhaps something different?)?
    Last edited by mastermind; 02.09.2008, 18:49.

Leave a comment:

• Blazkowicz
    replied
    It should Ludwig

Leave a comment:

• Ludwig99
    replied
    Thanks for the tip! I did mine, too.
    I hope the Finnish translation, which is already completed, is soon available for Finnish users - in the next DT-update, I guess.

Ludwig

Leave a comment:

• Niko76
    replied
    It seems new strings need to be translated. I already did them, so translators, there is a small job for you.

Leave a comment:

• Niko76
    replied
    Thanks Blazkowicz, I've already translated them.

Leave a comment:

• Blazkowicz
    replied
    New strings and changes are available.

Leave a comment:

• Blazkowicz
    replied
    There are some changes and new strings.

Leave a comment:

• mastermind
    replied
    Originally Posted by Tanatos View Post
    Hi,

What is the meaning of "Image ∧ Text" or what is its context?
    I think it is in the context of toolbar buttons; icon and text.

Leave a comment:

• Tanatos
    replied
    Hi,

What is the meaning of "Image ∧ Text" or what is its context?

Leave a comment:

• mastermind
    replied
    Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
    "Begin a group" means starting a new group in menu. Usually, there are menu separator items (menu lines) in between of groups. So "Begin a group" should mean adding such menu separator to the menu item list.
    What you say makes sense. I guess I may have to wait for the next release before I'll feel certain what an ideal translation could be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X